16 Uses for Baby Oil
By: Karen On:30 October 2016
There are many uses for baby oil, an inexpensive and versatile product: 16 Uses for Baby Oil
It’s cheap and contains very few additives and some brands have vitamins or aloe.
- If you put a few drops in your ears, you can remove wax-build up without prodding your ear canal.
- Warm it up if you’ve got really waxy, plugged up ears.
- Put a little on a cotton ball to help remove eye make-up.
- Put some in your bath to soften yours or your babies skin . Mixing it with a touch of your favorite bubble bath will create a lovely bathwash.
- Use after shaving your legs to soften your skin and prevent razor burn
- Use on your babies scalp to treat and prevent cradle cap
- Use on cracked or dry heals and put socks on to hold in the moisture
- Smooth on a pregnant tummy to reduce the chances of stretch marks
- Use in homemade baby wipes (2 tbsps of baby oil, 2tbsps of baby lotion, 1 tbsp of bathwash and 3/4 cup of hot water poured over Bounty paper towels and put in a sealed container) Get the homemade baby wipes recipe here.
- Use a small amount to bring out the sheen in your wooden furniture
- Massage a little on your cuticles before your manicure or pedicure
- Using before going in the sun can increase your likelihood of sunburn or suntan (beware of uva/uvb rays. This is not endorsed behaviour!)
- Some say baby oil makes a good personal lubricant but others disagree (it can damage prophylactics)
- Great and inexpensive massage oil
- Great lubricant for noisy door hinges!
- Gets rid of temporary tattoos in a snap.