By: Karen Jackman On:29 November 2016
Just Like Pandas have for millennia, mums and babies love Bamboo Products. Here's why.
Pandas have been munching on bamboo for thousands of years. But why have people in recent times become so enthusiastic about bamboo and the products made from it? This is not difficult to answer! Apart from it being incredibly soft to the touch, I put together a short list of reasons why it is the go to textile for baby products in particular:
- Bamboo is naturally hypoallergenic and ideal for those with sensitive skin.
- Bamboo fibre is naturally smooth and round without chemical treatment, meaning there are no sharp spurs or harsh chemicals which may irritate the skin.
- Bamboo has excellent natural antibacterial and deodorising properties, therefore if they are left damp they will not start to smell, unlike cotton towels.
- Bamboo is an environmentally friendly resource. It grows incredibly rapidly and, unlike cotton, thrives without the use of harmful chemical pesticides.
- Bamboo does not require large amounts of water and will grow in dry Australian conditions.
- Bamboo regenerates naturally, does not need replanting, has excellent soil retention properties and helps to prevent soil erosion.
- Bamboo fabric can be 100 per cent biodegraded in soil by microorganisms and sunlight. The decomposition process does not cause any pollution in the environment.
- Please try and make sure as much as you can that you only purchase bamboo products made from plantations which are not nicking the panda's staple diet.